Monday, April 28, 2014

An encounter with myself...

While sipping through the cup of life
I look up to the mirror only to fid
A shadow of something which used to be mine
The dark eyes stare back at me
The cold hands catch me shivering
And Oh! I have forgotten what used to be mine.

The clock tickles, I can see it
Time doesn't move, I can feel it
Still I stumble over only to find
I just cannot see anymore what used to be mine
I can only make out the outline of a smile
My legs are tired, did they just run a mile?
Heartbeats echo throughout the room
It's fun to see how much it can beat just before it is bout to die
I stare back at the mirror, this body is still mine.


I had written this on 17th Nov 2012, my Chaiji's birthday. I donot remember the exact reason as to why I had suddenly written such a weird poem, yet I found it in my old cell phone so thought of posting. No changes have been made to the original piece. Miss you Chaiji always.

Thank You Bhagwanji for everything.

No comments: