Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Another day without You...

So for the first time in our lives, it was Holi and you were not here with us. Dad's birthday too, well hasn't he always managed to celebrate his birthday with us except for this year and so many more years to come. Well we do miss, cannot deny the fact. But then I know wherever you are, you are happy and you are in a much better place now. I just wish that had you been here, you could have helped me pick my gown, or even chide me for selecting the wrong jewelry. I just wish you wouldn't have left so early. Somehow I was sure this time, I was confident that now everyone has come for you, you will come back to us. O! my stupid notion. I miss you and I will always miss you. You have been the best grandmother anyone could ever ask for. The coolest Chaiji, I could share anything with you and I regret not having you here beside me. But you stood by me, you kept me strong, you made me held my head up high and you made me realize that no matter what you will always be there for me. And even though you are physically not present here with me, I know you are watching, you are not far away from me. I know you miss us, and we miss you a lot. Please ensure that Mom and Dad get the best of life. They have suffered enough because of me. Please give me the strength to make them feel proud of me again.

This year for obvious reasons, none of us celebrated Holi. Remember one year we celebrated Holi with only water, no colors, nothing else, just simple water. That was fun. It was fun having you around, having you notice how I am looking. O! I do miss you and I miss you some more. Give my love to Daddy, let him know that I miss him too, his visits, his blessings, his naughty smiles, his cooking, his game of cards. I miss being the child around you all. If only you guys were here. But then I am happy for both of you. Now you are together and I know all these years, Chaiji has missed you very much. She has been without you for long. 

Anyways the reason I write today is because I realize that now there isn't much left, besides those million memories you have left behind for us to think of, to smile and to cry just thinking of you. Miss you Chaiji...!!! Love you always.

No comments: