Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kya baat hai????


Memories...

Sawaariyan




The Classic


I am losing my sanity finally and all because of myself. I am great at messing up my life and regretting every damn decision I take. And later cry and expect people to be around me to console me when I am the one who should be blamed for all.
If only I could talk to you, to tell you how much I was and I wasn’t a part of my own self. I wish you could have sat with me here earlier. I wish we wouldn’t have arrived at this. But then what is done cannot be undone now. They say they saw it in your eyes but what if I never felt it. They never could see the real in me so how can I believe them? How could I make them understand that I am lacking in me? My lips are sealed with fevi stick as if, I want to scream out loud but I cant. And the worst part of all I am happy or at least I still can pretend to be happy. But I still can smile and yet manage not to cry in front of even you.
Hehehe
Blabbered again… but for what joy, I don’t know. What is true is not even true any more. ;-)

Here’s my memory of SAWAARIYAN

I don’t exactly remember the date, but I do have the tickets with me [I could have seen the dates but who would move?] I had warned my dad time and again not to watch the movie with us and had insisted that he should take OSO’s tickets but nonetheless he came with us. A hell lot of things happened that very day and two more unwanted creatures had joined us in. Yucks! That was bad, super bad.
Anyways according to me it’s a story inside another story so as to say Fiction and in fiction anything in possible. Gulab ji [Rani Mukherjee] narrates the story of a Rockstar Farishta [Ranbir Kapoor] who tries to keep everyone happy. He is sad to see others sad and he tries his best to keep everyone around him happy and cheerful about love and life. As for his own self, he falls in love with a girl, a pretty damsel. A girl waiting for her love...and her love has promised his return 2 her. And so she waits for him and is ready to do so as long as she can. That is what we see in Sakeena [Sonam Kapoor]. Well but who doesn’t wants true love in life and is ready to wait for it even for a lifetime. If not then I guess the modern scenario has somewhat change. Anyways the story covers only 4 days and in those 4 days our Rockstar Farishta undergoes so very many diverse emotions and feelings.
What I liked most of the movie was its simplicity, the way SLB could show that love has so very many meanings and depends on how individuals react to it. The scenes must have been so very out of the world but it was fiction, and what I feel it depicted the Fairy land we all must have dreamt of once, though would have picturised it very differently. I liked the character of Ranbir Raj, somehow I felt I could relate to him and I could see so many similarities indeed with him. As for Sakeena’s character I saw glimpses of my self in her too. I could see the romantic in both the characters and could relate myself. The songs were awesome and I guess the movie was more of musical than a typical Bollywood flick. The setting was superb, I do agree there was too much use of the color Blue, but then it was a fairyland…with dreams so pure and true. I had so much to write about the movie but as I sit and type all this out I wonder how many out there reading this would actually understand whatever I said and how much would lol? And moreover I know how much the movie is closer to my heart and I don’t care about anyone else’s feeling regarding the movie.



THE CLASSIC:

My first Korean Movie ever. And believe me it was worth a watch. The narrative technique used in the movie is awesome and the entire cast and crew have indeed done a great job with the story.
It’s a simple love story with seeks to attain fulfillment even though not in one birth but it doesn’t dies out with time and the eternal nature of Love is stressed upon in the movie. It is surely no bakwaas masala but true feelings which come out in the movie.
Many won’t know the story nor would I like to narrate it here. Friends if possible do go ahead and watch the movie. Though I have my serious doubts that you all would to that thinking if a girl likes Sawaariyan then her choice must be a total loss. But it is not so.
Anyways I loved both the movies and they both are close to my heart some ways or the other.



Still want to type out so much but won’t in fact cant cause speaking too much might me my cup of tea and blabbering out everything is surely my cup of coffee, which I don’t like that much but still indulge myself in drinking it. ;-)

No comments: