Saturday, February 11, 2012

All I need is a hug...


Little had I known
That I would be this alone
To not even being able
To walk a stone…

Dad had promised me no heart breaks.
He made me smile when I was awake
We made a secret pact that we shall be
Always the best of buddies…

But then a huge time gap came
We were together yet we became
The strangers who would talk less
And often smile at each other.
But oh Dad, how badly do I miss those days
When you would come to me
And hug me always.

There were those stupid evenings
When I would rush out on hearing
You arrive. Hug you tightly
And proudly say, you are all mine.
Now you hugged me only when
You knew I had a heart break
And stood by me
When everyone else just stared.

He came like a wind
He left like a storm
He made me unwind
Myself and made me strong.
The best part, dad, you accepted him
Without a question or two,
And I knew everything was so true.
Yet it has come to this
You, who made me realize the true essence
Of being hugged, left me in the mist.
And today I woke up realizing late
That I could never hug like that again.

Now I wish I could hug myself
Because it’s a gesture of
Being loved and being cared.
I could hug dad again
I could hug everyone today
Yet little will anyone of them know
How badly I need a hug this day.

Strong arms around me
Unspoken promise of eternity
Secure and protected from the
Rest of the mean world.
Oh! How much I can give
For a hug like that.
And so I jump off my bed
Rush to the bedroom
And hug my family,
The greatest gift of my life.
I hug my grandma, insomniac she is.
I hug my dogs, lovely babies.
I will hug everyone who comes around
Love this day and spread love always.


No comments: