Saturday, April 30, 2016

Football...

Weird are the ways of Bhagwanji. Last night I cried myself to sleep, only to be waken up by the ringtone of my phone. It was my friend, asking me about what I have been up-to. Initially I thought it is an official call and she wanted help from me, but I realized she is out and wants me to join her. I was deep in sleep, at least now I am able to sleep. And believe me last night, when I was writing the blog, I did think of her and was just contemplating on how people are. To her all I have ever been is nice and have always been by her side. But for me, she has never been. Even when I shared the news of my break up, she was normal and never bothered to even ask me again if I am doing alright. I remember when I lost my wallet in Bangalore, then also she was not there by my side. So I had accepted the fact, that I am just a colleague for her, not even a friend.

But today she called me and asked me to join her in the football field. My first instinct was to say no. But then I remember reading this piece on life, where we should do couple of things and have no regrets later. So I accepted the invitation. Well I have been in Bangalore for over an year now, but they only bothered to call me now. I know now why. Because I now single and I have none by my side. I am actually surprised how people think.

Well to be honest, I know for sure when I was in a relationship, I would hardly ever be invited out was because others wanted what I had and they never wanted me to be a part of their miserable single life (to be frank, the miserable does not apply to all). I was never invited out and I knew the reason why. But today surprisingly they called.

So I went, and she was there cheering and supporting her bestie. This reminded me of my college days. watching Nature Boy play in the football field.

Nonetheless I met the guys. Sat there, laughed at the stupid and the silliest jokes possible. And now I am back home.

I know not how to react to all this. I know I should not be expecting anything from anyone. When Ruchi mentioned how she and her friends tried to cheer this friend of hers who had broken up. I missed having friends around me. Maybe something is indeed wrong with me that I could never be a friend for anyone.

But Bhagwanji has been nice to me, so no complaints. He knows, I only complain to Him. And I am sure by now, He is only so very used to it. After all He has been the only true witness of my entire life story. Bhagwanji I owe you my entire life, You have every right to mess with me, to make it happy and whatever You feel like. Thank you for being their for me, and thank You for  keeping me alive all this while.

To the day we meet again...

No comments: