Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A mistake I will try not to repeat again.


Yes I admit it was entirely my mistake to have anticipated so much and expected so much that all I got was disappointment. Well to be frank, it was quite sometime now and I was actually looking forward to a change. I thought it would be good for me but little had I known then that it would all be a nightmare I rather could have avoided, if only I had never been so excited about the trip. Well so here I am narrating my trip… it is entirely my account of the trip and this here only n only refers to my perception of things. No harm meant to anyone purposely, so buckle up and read about my bumpy ride.

It was on Saturday that we had to board the plan. As anticipated the last few days weren’t very exciting because of reasons which are best hidden, yet luckily I had a great time with my old school friends who were a blessing in disguise. Seriously I never ever had imagined that I would be so comfortable with those friends whom I had ceased to know after class VII. Anyways there were reasons both to rejoice and be disappointed before I had boarded the flight to Delhi.

Well the flight was fine, not comfortable, however I do recommend the sandwich which indeed was tasty. So finally the flight landed and we were here in Delhi. Well I don’t know why but somehow my spirits weren’t very high yet I pretended to be excited. But after waiting for almost half an hour for someone to come and receive us in the airport I was very much irritated. The problem is I hate waiting, waiting for anyone. And they not just kept me waiting; they also kept my mother waiting, which was all the more irritating. Anyways, hiding my disappointment I embarked to a journey which seemed to be never ending. Finally we reached our destination, well I would like to call it Hell Hole, but keeping in mind the sentiments and emotions attached of my very dear ones, I will prefer it being addressed as a Black Hole or BH.

The first night was fine, but hardly had 5 minutes gone that all I could hear was complaints, so unnecessary and uncalled for, especially to those who come from so far. But what else can you expect in a BH. Anyways the next day I was supposed to meet my friend, I will not say friends, because the others involved are, were or will never be my friends. I woke up that morning to this urgent call which wanted me to reach this place early and didn’t wanted me to be late. So I got dressed, got ready, had a distasteful breakfast and embarked on this supposed fun ride to meet my friend. But it seemed like luck was never ever on my side. Nonetheless I reached the place in time and rather had to wait for my friend to arrive. And I was seriously irritated because frankly I just can’t wait. My mood was so off that I really wanted to hit him so very hard. Yet Rohan was there with me to support me and help me out. I seriously love him and admire him for all what he is to me. Anyways the day was okay, nothing great or grand, yet I had to travel half way to the city and had to come back alone as well. Kolkata me aisa nai hota. Anyways thankfully my brother-in-law was there to receive me in the station and I was rescued for the time being to be struck with another blow. I came back to BH and I don’t remember what passed through that day. The next day I was also supposed to go out once again yet nothing worked out rather no one wanted to make it work out. So I gave up and submitted to my fate and accepted whatever came my way. By the end of the day, was DJ night and even though I laughed like crazy that day I wish I could discuss about it in great details. But once again can’t do so as some sentiments and emotions are involved which I cannot hurt.

The wedding was a !!@##$%&*&*. I have no words to describe it. Anyways the day after the wedding was the day I could breathe normally. Oh I almost forgot my friend lost the gifts I had got him and his sister. Another set back for me. I wanted to some other friends as well, but somehow each one of them was responsible for a thing or two that I decided not to face anyone else.

Well a lot more it to be said, but I choose not to, because the moment I speak up, I will be hurting a lot of people and I don’t want that. No matter how much hurt and pain I have to suffer, I rather not want anyone else to suffer because of me. The only reason why I type all this out is the fact that I too wanted to let out my feelings and a lot of my feelings are yet to be expressed I am happy with whatever space my feelings have taken up. One thing is for sure, I am not taking any more supposed holidays again. I rather watch movies and indulge in shopping in the city I live in. someday I want to be far away from this city but then will other cities treat me the way Kolkata has.

No matter how things might turn out to be, at the end of the day my friends and family matter a lot to me. Even though the count of friends has reduced drastically, well not in my FB friend list of course, but in my real life, yet I try and cherish everything I have and I had. BH… hopefully will never ever get to see you again and be there again because I cannot take any more of you. Thanks for all the memories, good or bad, or whatever. So let it be…

A mistake I will try not to repeat again.

1 comment:

Saad Ahmed Sharif said...

Mistakes aint repeated, second time it's your choice :)