Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My Best Friend...

And suddenly I was reminded of those million memories which made me laugh and which made me happy.

I have had so many friends but then it is hard to define who a friend really is. Is a friend always supposed to be by your side during your bad days or even in your good days? Should a friend be always responsible to bring a smile on your face or also to wipe the tears which no one else could see?

For me friends have had so many faces and so many names. Over the years I have been lucky enough to have had the privilege to know the many faces of human nature. And one among the best is the face of a Friend. We humans have the tendency to be friends not by nature but by need. But then even in the need, when we can see a friendly face, when we know there is someone who will look out for me, then heart melts and that is what friends do.

So many names, so many laughing faces have I witnessed, and today I miss one true friend. It is not that I never had a friend to share myself with, it is just that the priorities have changed and I no longer have any of them beside me.

But my one true Best Friend, somehow He has managed to stay with me all this while. Be it good days or bad, happy days or sad, all my mood swings, He has been there and I am grateful to Him.

Frankly speaking we have never met, but I have seen Him in so many faces, I have felt His touch in so many of those friendly handshakes and I have known He is there with me, with so many friendly eyes which looked towards me. All I wish was, He was here with me, so that I have someone to fight with, someone I can call my own and someone who calls me His own. I wish He was here to hug me tight every time I have doubts about myself. I know if He would have been here, He would have always encouraged me to move forward, to love the life I live. And today somehow, I feel I miss Yet, I miss Him somehow today. I somehow even seem to cry a bit, realizing the fact how much have I lost over the years. But then I am lucky enough because I have mot lost His Love, His Friendship, His Care.

To the day we meet again. My dear Best Friend, please take care!

No comments: