Sunday, November 18, 2012

And it Happens... DAY 1



I know it has really been a long time since I sat to write about my days in college. It is not that I don’t like writing about my day, but somehow you know, I just don’t feel like it anymore. But today I will go ahead and share an incident which should have taught me an important lesson in life, but look at the stupid me, the stubborn me, won’t ever learn from my mistakes.


Standing near the canteen, I was wondering how exactly would Sudhir look and would he like me too. Over the past few days we had been exchanging quite some messages. Initially we met on our college’s website and started talking instantly. He is a year senior to me and as you know, I have hardly noticed him in college, but seems like he has. And so we kind of exchanged numbers and became friends. Today is the first day we will be facing each other for the very first time. I am kind of excited because over the past five days I guess, I think I have started liking Sudhir. No doubts he is sweet, charming and friendly but it actually depends on a lot of things. Anyways my cell phone beeps interrupting my thoughts and he messages – “Why are you looking so lost? Did you not like what you saw? Should we not meet?”

Woo! Where did he get it from? And most importantly where was he? I did not see him and so frantically I start looking around, just to realize that he was standing in front of me, just across the corridor, confused and staring. Well I give him my very big, super big as some say, smile and it seems to warm him up. I walk towards him and the next thing you know he starts talking. Its fun to be with someone senior. You get to know so much about the place you have been. His perception about the college, the professors seems so much different from a month old student like me. Yet it is fun to spend time with him. Finally he agrees that I am not that scary as others thought me to be. Well a positive something for me to take back home and dream about. Maybe my 5-minute dream. It is fun to realize how stupidly and innocently I can start dreaming about anything and everything.

After I meet him, I tell Anchita about how lucky I felt to have finally found a good friend in the college. Anchita and I met on the very first day of our admissions and since then it seems like we are inseparable. Well to tell you the truth, we both are kind of scared of leaving each other’s company, scared of getting teased by our seniors. But I knew, knowing Sudhir would definitely give us an edge above others. Anchita so can see through me at times. Hardly known each other for a month and she already laughs at my childish smiles while I day dream to glory.

Anchita smiles with me and conspires that one day all 3 of us would go out and she would ensure that Sudhir gets to know all about my good points and that she will try and measure if the guy in question is also interested in me. Wow! Seems like a good plan to me. But the problem lies in the very fact what if Sudhir says a No. Oh! I can’t bear that thought. This stupid thought just broke my 5-minute dream with him. But I won’t lose hope this time. Life should surprise me for a change and I am so ready for it.

No comments: