Sunday, May 6, 2012

A new beginning...


Lonely, lost and hurt,
Bruised and battered,
Looking back at the days
When all my dreams were shattered.
The shadows of the past
Haunting my dreams,
Even breathing had become difficult
And not so easy at it seemed.
Running from the truth,
Hiding from all that hurts,
Trying my very best
To control the tears and not to burst.

All hopes lost and gone
All I am was left alone
What mattered now did not exist,
What existed was all forlorn,
What had become of me?
What did I ever do to see?
All this in my life with
The dejected feelings.
The long lost feelings were now back
The rejection was all I had.

And then one fine day
A smile came my way,
Lift up my spirits
And swept me away.
The sun was suddenly so bright
The clouds parted their ways
There was a shadow haunting my past
But the present had a better promise today.

At times a smile is all you need
A hug is all you can feel
A pat on the back to motivate
A friend to never let you leave.

I remember not when I felt like this,
Your smile, the hug and your kiss,
Your touch, the warmth and I remember
Those soft and steady heart beats.
All this remind me of how I had forgotten,
To live my life and to believe.
You give me a reason to feel
Your love and your care
And makes life a lot more simpler
Just to be myself and to live.

I know not how to thank
Confused about the logical trend
Yet I believe in what has begun
And I hope it never sees an end.

No comments: