Monday, October 11, 2010

The Ancient hunger of Post Modernity

I am eagerly waiting for the bloody bell to ring
Can’t take another minute of her post modernity.
The room is full yet the class is so boring.

I want a break; would it be sane to scream?
I want to run with no chances of an escape
And there she goes again about those useless things.

One is copying the last day’s notes
She had bunked, typical of her.
Today she is present with me
But all this torture, isn’t affecting.

The other one sits and pays attention
She seems to have already exam tension
Now and then her pen moves over the page
How can she be so damn attentive?

One is missing, enjoying a holiday
Bloody lucky she is to have escaped
While I sit here in dismay.

The shitty clock seems to have stopped
From US now we are running wild in the Greek Collage
And a bride sitting in front of me
Damn her red sari is so funny.

But then these girls aren’t the cause of my problem
The only one on the dais needs now to step down
When will this class come to its end?
When will I be set free?
When will the vacations start?
And most importantly, when will I get to eat?

1 comment:

Ruchira Mandal said...

I can see CU getting to you. You have my sympathies.